The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omniweb in 64-bit? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is Omniweb or any of other apps going to be ported to 64-bit? I know they're compatible with Snow Leopard, but they don't take advantage of it just yet!

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

In OmniWeb's case, yes we're looking at going 64-bit. The only drawback is we will probably have to drop Tiger support. We wanted to get 5.10 out before we had to make a decision like that. Hopefully it wont be too long before you see 64-bit builds appearing as sneaky peeks!

Awesome!

Great! Thanks for letting us know!

I really hope it isn't too long before those sneakypeeks arrive - I do not like using Safari one bit.

I know that Omniweb uses the latest Webkit in it's builds, but Safari uses a "Nitro" javascript engine - does Omniweb share that or use something of its own (to parse JS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield View Post
Great! Thanks for letting us know!

I really hope it isn't too long before those sneakypeeks arrive - I do not like using Safari one bit.

I know that Omniweb uses the latest Webkit in it's builds, but Safari uses a "Nitro" javascript engine - does Omniweb share that or use something of its own (to parse JS)?
I'd like to know that too.

Yes, OmniWeb 5.10 uses the same Nitro Engine that Safari 4 uses.