The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can end date be displaye on or near the task bar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Im trying to find a way to display task end dates either on the task bar on the gantt chart, or immeidately to the righ of each task bar. This is a simple thing to do in MS-Project.

I know you can show the end date column, but that isn't useful to me as there doesn't seem to be any way to stop the time from displaying, nor anyway to change the format of the time in the end date column. Currently the date is in U.S. format, and since I work on global projects I usually use the Eurpoean date format for my project plans.

Looks like it's back to MS-Project using Parallels for me. I had high hopes for Omniplan as I have checked out every major project planning application for the Mac and they all seem to come up short.

1) There is currently no way to display task end dates in the gantt chart, though we have a feature request for that and I will add your comments to it.

2) In version 1.1, you will be able to customize the start and end columns to display date, time, or both.

3) Dates in OmniPlan are designed to be consistent with your system preferences. If you would like to have dates in OmniPlan display in European format, you can change your system preferences before launching OmniPlan.

I frequently need to show a summary of the project with some details in the gantt chart via formatting.. I still can't find anything to do this in 1.6.1. Here's what I use in MS Project:
1. group title over bar
2. Task name to left of bar
3. end date format mm/dd to right of bar
4. Milestone has #2 and #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesale@yahoo.com View Post
I frequently need to show a summary of the project with some details in the gantt chart via formatting.. I still can't find anything to do this in 1.6.1. Here's what I use in MS Project:
1. group title over bar
2. Task name to left of bar
3. end date format mm/dd to right of bar
4. Milestone has #2 and #3
1. You can put group titles on top of (overlaid) the bar, but not above the bar. To do this, go to View > View Options and you'll see a Task Labels section to the right that allows you to select which labels can be applied to the task/group/milestones.

2. Go to the View Options panel and set the task names to appear on the left side of the bar.

3. As Liz said, the date format follows System Preferences so you'll need to go into System Preferences > International > Formats and click on Customize in the Dates section.

4. Milestone labels can be set up in the View Options panel as well.