The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Question about the App store version and Omnigroup versio Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello and Happy New Year to all,

I am just wondering what is the difference between the Onmigraffle Pro from the App store and the one from here?
If I buy it here, would I be able to download it from the app store?
Also, if I buy it here, would I get the updates from the App store or do I have to manualy update the Omnigraffle Pro?

Thanks

If you buy it here, you do not get it from the App Store, and vice versa (though you could still download a trial version here). Omni products have a built-in software updater, which to my mind nullifies one of the main advantages the App Store provides to the purchaser.

There is discussion of some of the pros and cons in this thread: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=19616

I'm of the opinion that buying directly from Omni is better for anyone who intends to be a serious user.