The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Icon alternative Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris101 View Post
Instead i find the UI clunky and jarring. Look at the arrows indicating either sequential or parallel projects, those hideous little archive box icons, or the constant resizing of the main window when switching between perspectives.
While I'm mostly happy with the current UI and certainly wouldn't call it ugly, I do hope it gets some attention in the next release. It seems like a lot of people are looking for more polish in that area. I appreciate a beautiful UI as much as any other Mac user.

Chris, can you go into more detail about what it is you dislike about the sequential/parallel arrows or the SAL shoebox icon?

As for the window resizing, that can be controlled with perspectives. Simply set the size you want and resave your perspectives. Alternatively, I think you can just uncheck the Restore Layout option in the perspectives window.

With the right font choices, OmniFocus looks a lot like many other apps in OS X, like Mail, Finder, Yojimbo, or even iTunes, at least at a superficial level. Doesn't it?

-Dennis

nice work !

Quote:
Originally Posted by francola View Post
I physically replace the icns file in the resources folder of OF and also use CandyBar to drag and drop replace. Hope it works for you!

Cheers,
Frank
Hi,

again its beautiful, and yes OmniFocus icons suck. How do you replace the icns file in the resources folder of OF? I also use Candy Bar but in my doc the original icon come back.

I physically replace the icns file in the resources folder of OF and also use CandyBar to drag and drop replace. Hope it works for you!

Cheers,
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by francola View Post
I physically replace the icns file in the resources folder of OF and also use CandyBar to drag and drop replace.
Frank is exactly right; it always takes two steps to change the icon under Snow Leopard. However, I stopped doing that since I've been using the Sneaky Peeks and it gets old after a while...