The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sorting of bookmarks + folders! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm new to OmniWeb and love it. However, a bit astounded that I can't sort the list of bookmark folders. What pain to have to do it by hand! I saw that this was a requested feature to "sort permanently." I don't think it needs to be permanent, but you should at least be able to select a number of bookmark folders and sort them alphabetically.

I just spent about an hour sorting all mine. This would have taken less than a minute to sort my various folder lists I care about.

A default sorting that could be turned on/off would be great (with options for how to sort) and then a way to simply manually sort with a menu command. This would be optimal.

Glenn Kowalski
Macintosh System Consultant
MacLab

You _can_ sort by clicking on the headers inside of the bookmarks window / page. However this doesn't translate at all to the menu. Providing some sort of functionality for this or even a more permanent sort function in general is something we'd like to do.

You could use Bookdog in the interim. Open the OW bookmarks, sort and edit as needed, save.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
You _can_ sort by clicking on the headers inside of the bookmarks window / page. However this doesn't translate at all to the menu. Providing some sort of functionality for this or even a more permanent sort function in general is something we'd like to do.
Clicking on the headers helps. Thanks. I can't believe I missed this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam View Post
You could use Bookdog in the interim. Open the OW bookmarks, sort and edit as needed, save.
Hey, this looks interesting!