The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wish: select the *next* line after delete Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm reviewing a lengthy task list, checking off some completed task and deleting a number that are no longer relevant.

When I delete a task, the subsequent lines move up to close the gap, and selection moves to the previous line.

I'd really prefer to have selection "stay put," i.e., move to the line following the deleted task.

For an example, delete a message in your Apple Mail Inbox list.

-- Ward

[submitted as formal feedback]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I'd really prefer to have selection "stay put," i.e., move to the line following the deleted task.

For an example, delete a message in your Apple Mail Inbox list.
...as long as you have the sorting set the "right way" in Mail. I like to have the most recent message at the top, but Mail thinks when I delete a message, the one it should go to (the line following, as you put it) is the one that is more recent, rather than the next one in the list. So yes, I agree with your wish, but not with how Mail behaves for me as an example!

Perhaps I should not have offered Mail as a role model. :-}
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4
...as long as you have the sorting set the "right way" in Mail. I like to have the most recent message at the top, but Mail thinks when I delete a message, the one it should go to (the line following, as you put it) is the one that is more recent, rather than the next one in the list. So yes, I agree with your wish, but not with how Mail behaves for me as an example!
Mail works for me because ...
  1. I sort ascending (newest on the bottom).
  2. I use a full-window list, with messages shown in a new window.
Thanks for voicing support for my OmniFocus wish.

-- Ward