The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Known Issues Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Here is a list of known issues that we've recently discovered. This is an incomplete list and is comprised of the issues that are either reported to us most often or look like one thing, but it's really the cause of another. We will be adding to it as necessary. I'm sorry if any of you have bumped into these!

I can't enter a project name in Context Mode.
Some folks have come across a bug where when you create a new action in Context mode and attempt to select a project, the field will revert to "No Project". Even though what's displayed is contradictory, the project name has been accepted. A clean up should take care of the problem.

If you'd rather not have that little trompe-l'oeil hanging around, you can make a change in inbox processing (located in data preferences) to only require a context for Inbox items to be processed. This will then put the action in the Miscellaneous single-action list first (instead of the inbox whence this problem stems) and from there it can be moved to the desired project.
My columns are always changing around/"Also restore settings in other mode" doesn't de-activate when I deselect the box.
The columns now have the ability to be customized on a Perspective by Perspective basis. In order to apply a column set to an existing Perspective, a snapshot needs to be taken. This can be done by opening a Perspective, adjusting the columns and clicking on the camera in the Perspectives window (menu: Perspectives > Show Perspectives Window or Control-Command-P).

If you'd like to save a particular column set for when you're not in a Perspective, this can be done by selecting from the menu: Perspectives > Clear Perspective (if this item is not available, it means you're already in the state in which you need to be). From here, you can arrange your columns.

However, the reason this belongs in the known issues thread is because from time to time, the "Also restore settings in other mode" will be deselected and your columns will still change to what they were in the opposite mode at the time the snapshot was taken. If you clear the perspective, your columns should return to their normal state.
When I check for updates and there are no updates available, sometimes OmniFocus hangs.
This is fixed in the current 1.0.1 sneaky peek builds.
I get an error when clipping an RSS feed from Mail
It looks like this:

Errors returned from handler <ScriptHandler:0x698810 com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.ScriptHandler.Mail_Leopard NSBundle </Users/username/Applications/OmniFocus.app/Contents/PlugIns/BuiltInClippingHandlers.plugin> (not yet loaded)>: {
NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = Mail;
NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Can\U2019t get account \"RSS\".";
NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Mail got an error: Can\U2019t get account \"RSS\".";
NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -1728;
NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {2401, 7};
}

We're on this one as well. Sorry!

Last edited by kaebot; 2008-06-09 at 12:58 PM..