The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Syncing works pretty well (once it's set up) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know a lot of people are having problems setting up a syncing solution, but I just wanted to compliment the Omni Group on the desktop implementation of sync--so far, changes and new inbox items on my iPhone have appeared very seamlessly on my desktop. Sync is really hard to get right, but it seems like OmniFocus handles it very gracefully. Keep up the good work! (And get 1.1 out of alpha so the titlebar isn't ugly :P)

Indeed. Desktop to Destop sync worked perfectly for me also.

Are you syncing with Mobile Me?

I can see people are having problems with WebDav, but I'm curious how well Mobile Me is working - any issues - or can I trust it with my REAL data?!

Thanks,
Mark

I noticed the sync server location for mobileme still references .mac on the link. Is this ok?

i have tried both WebDAV and MobileMe, had no sync problems with WebDAV, except the DB seemed to corrupt on other machines (the ones that didnt put DB there in first place).
However, MobileMe does work fine.... see http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=8586 though...still waiting on any response

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctheriot View Post
Are you syncing with Mobile Me?

I can see people are having problems with WebDav, but I'm curious how well Mobile Me is working - any issues - or can I trust it with my REAL data?!

Thanks,
Mark
I'm using MobileMe, yeah--so far, it's handled a lot of input back and forth from my iPhone and my Mac quite well. Of course, if iDisk is ever offline, then you won't be able to sync while it's down. I don't think data loss is a concern, though: both applications have local databases, and the desktop database is backed up quite frequently. And using a non-local WebDAV or MobileMe has the advantage of over-the-air sync via 3G or EDGE.

No problems with MobileMe. It has worked really well for me. Just be sure you sync your machines before and after use and you are set. OMNI has handled this the best way available short of a Star Trek invention (which OMNI may find eventually ;) ).