The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Web inspector broken in 89368 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Any updates on progress with this one?

It's the only "real" bug I've encountered in the SPs. Thanks.

Any idea when the per-site CSS issue might be fixed? I'm still using the July 27 build, although I try each new SP build, ever-hopeful.... :)

Stupid spam.

Well, it's been another week, still no resolution....Will this be fixed anytime soon? I literally can't use OW without per-site CSS, and I'm still using the 07-27 build. Tried every build for the last week, haven't seen any change in the issue.

Same here.

To keep current, I have started using the latest build, though. It works, you just have to hit "refresh". But I'd REALLY like to see this one fixed.

Last edited by Handycam; 2007-08-21 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: typo

Sorry this hasn't been fixed yet guys. It is on our list.

Any update on this? It's now been broken a month and a week. I know I'm being a nuisance, but this feature is about 40% of why I use OW. Of course, the 7-27 build is great - I don't mind staying with it - but being a geek, I desire to be on the cutting edge! (I'm sure you understand :) I know this will be fixed at some point before the final version of 5.6, but I would just like some insight as to what is going on. Is it something broken in WebKit that needs to be ironed out?

Anyway, I know OW is not a priority, I would just like some sense as to what's going on with this particular feature.

Thanks!

Hi Floach, the problem appeared with a WebKit update. So webkit caused this problem to appear but we haven't determined yet if it's an issue with WebKit itself or if OmniWeb needs to be updated to conform to changes made. When I learn more I'll let you know.

I think this is an OW problem. The reason I say that is I can use PithHelmet with Safari 3b (for site pref. control like OW) and enabling/disabling the style sheet works. This same setup works with the latest webkit as well so I do think WK changed something that may be a simple OW fix.

This is actually one of the things that continually disappoints me about OW, and forces me back to Firefox.

Regardless of how this bug got caused, it broke a major feature and selling point of OW. It's been broken now for months. I realize this is only an alpha, and that's cool, but what have all the latest alphas been focusing on? The software update mechanism!

Now, the new software update mechanism is groovy and all, but was anyone clamoring for this feature? I could care less. The old method of putting up a dialog saying there's an update, "do you want to go to the site and download it?" was more than satisfactory.

Why spend all this effort and resources on an unnecessary feature, when many of your core features are broken? Let's get the core fixed before adding anything new, IMO.

This _is_ a bug in OmniWeb but it's due to a change in WebKit. We just haven't had the opportunity to fix it yet and I'm sorry for that.

Omni Software Update is a framework we use here for all our software. OmniFocus and OmniWeb are both being built off the head of our code repository where the changes to the Software Updater are being made, this means that whenever anyone makes a change to this framework both applications see those changes which appear in their next automatic build. The engineers working on this do not work on OmniWeb, they work on OmniFocus. OmniWeb also sees these changes as they're made however.

Work is currently being done to get a major performance issue corrected relating to the favicon database.