The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Open links from other applications in... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Currently there are three options: "the current window", "a new tab", or "a new window". Is there any chance you will be adding per-app preferences? If not, how about making "a new tab" give you a new window for each app. For example I use NNW but I hate the internal browser -- each day I basically want to open the "New Items" list into OW as 1 window full of tabs. But if I get a link in an email and open that too, I want it to go into a different window for the links from Thunderbird. This would make my mornings a lot simpler =]

Actually, thinking about how the API works, I'm not sure OW gets info about who is trying to open a web page... but it might.

One solution, currently, would be to drag and drop the links where you want them.

I thought b10 was now 'respecting' how to open links.

However, command + click on link on this page:
Nisus Express beta opens the link IN FRONT rather than behind.
http://www.nisus.com/express/beta

I don't have tabs specified for any action.
Open links in new window to other sites
Open links in new window from other applications

Even though in the above example, it sure "seems" like I should be on same site; doesn't seem to be due to javascript (but can't be sure).

One thing I do not like is how on this and other BBSs I can't disable those "pop-up" yellow "notes" to display the first xx words of a thread topic. Is there a cure? it gets in the way... (should be in separate thread, but trying to finish up and quit online).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hatter
I thought b10 was now 'respecting' how to open links.

However, command + click on link on this page:
Nisus Express beta opens the link IN FRONT rather than behind.
http://www.nisus.com/express/beta

I don't have tabs specified for any action.
Open links in new window to other sites
Open links in new window from other applications
Interesting. When I adjust my settings to match yours, I see the same issue.

Quote:
One thing I do not like is how on this and other BBSs I can't disable those "pop-up" yellow "notes" to display the first xx words of a thread topic. Is there a cure? it gets in the way... (should be in separate thread, but trying to finish up and quit online).
That's the display of title attributes (aka "tooltips") I can't stand them on this board either. There's almost no area on the list pages that I can put my mouse without them showing up.