The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notification options? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would kill for fuzzy alarms.

No, wait.

I'd seriously annoy for fuzzy alarms. I might even discommode.

That is a really good idea, and I've always wondered why no one does it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebs View Post
Yeah, that sounds plausible. I actually am reading GTD, I just think...

Well, basically. I would rather have an OmniSomething do my reminders than Apple's, because Apple's idea of "usability" is bouncing dock icons, which are INCREDIBLY ANNOYING. (Seriously, if I met the person who thought that a constant erratic motion was a good idea, I might punch that person in the face -- and I'm very very close to a total pacifist otherwise.)

So, while I recognize that GTD itself may not use notifications, I would love to see them done competently and cleanly, and I figure the Omni people are my best bet. :)
I have watched OmniFocus for a while, all the time using iGTD. In general I like Omni interfaces better (I was an early tester of OmniPlan). I have not read GTD either, but I too need/want reminders. I am a consultant and have a number of tasks for a number of clients in projects all at the same time and I want to be able to set reminders to do certain things by a certain date. iGTD now has a growl integration that I will look into. Ideally, I would like to integrate with Ical because there is better hope of integration with iPhone (even though they do not have 'todo' lists). So my basic question is:
is there likely to be a way to cause the system to notify me in some way when I say a task is overdue?

One solution that might make everyone happy would be for OF to set the setting the alarm for tasks so that when it syncs to iCal, the setting is passed onto it, and we can have iCal give us the alarm we need. So, OF doesn't need to notify us of anything but iCal would do it instead.

Just a thought.