The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Downloading & Images Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have found two big concerns recently.

Of concern to me is a problem preventing the downloading of files. I'll right-click and select "download link to desktop" or "download link as..." but what I get usually is only a fraction of the file downloaded but it appears as the complete. Attempt to open the file results in a corrupted file error. Maybe it could be a lack of memory?

The second concern is for the developers because I have discovered a plugin called SafariStand which makes Safari into something very much like Omniweb and it's free.

Also I think it is on Omniweb that some images fail to load, I suspect this may be de to lack of memory.

Last edited by ianonline; 2007-11-01 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: I've found you have to know a bit about developing just to install the SafariStand software, I get fed up with trying in the end.

Is this fixed yet? There's no point me buying Omniweb if I can't use it to download things. Thank you.

I have never had any problems with downloading images... that is odd.

Images generally aren't the problem, it's everything else that I try to download such as PDFs, DMGs, ZIP files etc. Always only a fraction of the file is downloaded and running it gets a corrupted file error.

Hi, sorry you're having trouble. Things should download okay in OmniWeb this is probably why we've been so quiet. Do you see this problem in other apps as well? Do you have an example page that gives you an error?

Hi Troy,

My post from yesterday gives a link to a page that caused problems. I tried downloading psd, jpeg, and pdf formats from it and several seemed to cause problems.

I also tried the page in Safari and that's when my Dock froze, it seems possible that it is a Leopard problem with the Dock, Stacks, or how they interact with downloads. Or with size, these were around 20MB total though so not that huge.

thanks
Bill Glude

Hmm yeah i'm not sure what's going on with the dock problem you're seeing. If there are particular files or file types you're encountering regular problems with, be sure to let us know!

Ultimately a way to reproduce the problem here is what we need.