The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Magnet tool help needed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm on a MacBookPro running 10.4.11 and Omnigraffle Pro 4.2.2, and I've just discovered that the Magnet tool does not appear anywhere except for in the help documentation.

It is supposed to be a default tool in the Tool Palette, yes? My little magnet icon simply does not exist!?!

Did I get some weird defective copy of the software or is this a known issue? I can't find any reference to it anywhere else and if I can't resolve this, I'll have to go back to using Visio :(

Please save me from returning to a Microsoft product!

Are the other tools in the tool palette visible? (the grabby hand, the paint brush, the square?

You might try moving aside your preferences (~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle.plist) and see if it shows up in the toolbar then.

In Preferences>Tools, make sure the Magnet tool is selected to be on:

You are both right, thank you. I thought I'd looked at my PReferences and didn't see the tool, but there it was, unchecked and mocking me.

Extra kudos to Joel at Omnigroup for the fast email reply to my whiny help request.