The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

A few quick questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I am a happy OnmiGraffle user. Thank you very much!

I am in need of an outline oriented tool and have a few questions about OmniOutliner. I am working on a dissertation and need a tool to capture and formulate my ideas and research. I have been using Graffle to build a mindmap but it is only a visual thing with no data behind it. Then I use Pages to maintain an outline that matches the Graffle image. I waste a bit of time keeping them in sync. I then use Numbers to maintain two sheets. One has a coded serial number I make up and the concept text from the outline in Pages. The other sheet takes those codes and details cites with the book, quote and page numbers of the quote. I manage my references in Endnote. Basically the code gets set when I create an outline entry or mindmap object. I create the code manually today. Then it never changes. It is a key that links my Numbers entries to the Endnote references.

Questions:

1. How can I make this easier with your solutions?

2. What interaction exists between Graffle and Outline?

3. Can Outline deal with my concept of the serial number code? I need that as a key to make a logical connection to my Endnote database.

Thanks in advance for your response.