The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exported images crash PowerPoint Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm exaggerating slightly: I imported a PICT version exported from OG, and then asked Powerpoint to convert to a Microsoft Drawing Object so I could edit it inside PPT. This is w/ OG4.1 and PPT2004, OSX4.1.10 .
I played around w/ exporting in every vector format OG can do, and found that PPT has terrible problems when I try to "ungroup" items. I don't know how OG applies attributes such as Fill and Transparency to its objects, but clearly it's radically different from what Office expects. Try it: save a simple diagram as EPS, then import into PPT and Ungroup. The fonts disappear, the colors go nuts, etc.

Anyone have any ideas for a workaround?