The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better printing/export of timeline Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any ways to customize or improve the way OmniPlan prints/exports to PDF?

With the Outline left of the Gantt timelines, a lot of space gets wasted, while there is lots of space left in the height. Basically what I want is to put the Outline above the Gantt diagram, like a legend on a graph.

It would also be nice if the tasks on the Gantt could be colored differently.

You could choose to print/export just the Gantt without the Outline. If all you need are task names and resource assignments, those can be displayed right with the tasks.

You can color individual tasks or whole categories of tasks in the Project: Styles inspector.

Thank you for telling me how to color the tasks. Nice.

The problem with not showing the Outline and just displaying the task names right with the tasks, is that also this makes the outputted PDF too wide, that is because the task names (sometimes quite a few characters) are labelled to the left of the task.

If those task names would appear above each task, the Gantt would not be so wide.

I have filed a feature request for you in our database. :)