The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Some way to have updatable objects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I need to use the same objects repeatedly in some diagrams, and sometimes I need to make a change to one of those objects that I would prefer not to have to apply to every copy of that object individually.

Is this possible?

You get my vote for this as well. This was possible in the 1987 or 1988 release of Canvas! For the type of technical documents I create, it would be great.

Also, a little more "specific" control over the scope of copying and pasting "styles" would be useful too!

Use the Canvas:Selection inspector to select all objects sharing the same style attributes:

Use the Style Brush for applying particular styles from one object to another:

Thanks for the info! seems like there is always something I have yet to discover! Still think it would be nice to have "updatable objects"!