The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniPlan as GTD tool substitute Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

While waiting for OmniFocus and being determined to follow the GTD method now, I did some experimenting with OmniPlan.
I'm aware that its not ideal but the alternative, Kinkless, somehow didn't work well enough for me.
Here is what I do:

- use an OmniOutliner list for a simple in-basket.
- in OmniPlan, create GTD projects as normal OmiPlan projects and groups.
- (mis) use resources as contexts. So I split myself into some 8 contexts.
- don't give the project a starting day, but use the "floating" undetermined date.
- use OmniPlan priorities (2 levels is sufficient for me) and project ordering to get "next" tasks approximately in front after "level resources"
- go into resource display mode. Select the context (=resource) to be working in. And voila, I see my next actions to pick from.

Just an idea.
Used it for one week now, and its seems to be workable.
Anybody else does this? Are there more trickst to make it closer to the real GTD spirit?

Regards.