The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prioritized feature list? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel
I'd love to see this, it might also be a work-around for the missing priorities.

Yes, please, that icon would be a great improvement!
I'll third these requests (tagging and a visual to pick up repeating tasks).

And how about iPhone support! :-) I'd love OF to run on my (future) iPhone or integrate with it. So that if I am out I can quickly add items or review "errands" , etc.

Thanks Ken about your post on reviewing and old tasks. It definitely does the job (in fact I should not have tried it, it's a bit scary ;-) ), but I think a "one-push button" solution could help here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0niqu3
I agree with Curt, out of the box integration with mail is one of the features i'm most looking forward to as 90% of what i need to do begins with my email, and and like Curt said, without it, i'd probably hold of purchasing the 1.0 version of omnifocus.
I agree with the sentiments on Mail integration, however I'd also like to see intelligent support for web urls as many of my tasks come from Safari or have related info on a web page.

I'd particularly like to see urls/links being detected in incoming actions and for them to be clickable. I also wonder if OF should store a "main" url in a separate field from the notes field to allow better integration with iCal which supports a url field but not rich text notes. This would also allow a quick link button on the task (and keyboard support) to allow opening the url without having to open up the notes and click the link. If there is no link defined (it wasn't entered or created as part of the task) OF could populate it from the first link in the notes field, if the notes section contains links.

The only remaining issue is a lack of support for rich text fields in iCal. Here OF could do something clever when syncing: i.e. merge the richly formatted version with any updates from iCal so the best of both worlds is delivered.

One thing about urls is they can link to anything (emails, contacts, files, etc.) so good support for urls makes things pretty powerful. However it would be nice to have specific intelligence to provide for recognition of contact names which would create a link to the person in the address book e.g. using Phone/eMail/Mail/Contact xxx would provide a link to xxx in the address book. The link could even create the mail or display their phone no.s etc.

Apologies for the long rambling post. I hope some of the suggestions here are useful to others.

Last edited by jamesa; 2007-06-27 at 03:40 AM..

From a usability point of view:

1. I would really like to see the Inbox severed from the Projects View and given it's own view (and the shortcut Cmd-3). The more I use OF, the more the current method annoys me.

2. Tagging. It doesn't need it's own view like context, but it needs to be searchable.

3. A much improved QE. I want to be able to tab over to that paperclip and hit space so I can put contextual information in with a task right away instead of just dumping it in the task name. QE uses the keyboard, having to use the mouse to get to the note area is not useful.
3a. If tagging gets implemented, QE will need a place to add tags.
3b. It would also be nice if, when you highlight a task with a note, it would automatically show the note, and hide it again when it's not selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLady
A much improved QE. I want to be able to tab over to that paperclip and hit space so I can put contextual information in with a task right away instead of just dumping it in the task name.
Currently in the main OmniFocus window you can press the (numeric keypad) enter key to toggle note editing. That's faster than tabbing to the paperclip. I really wish the enter key worked in QE. (Currently I just type longish topic text and then edit it in my inbox when processing, but that's extra work.)

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
Currently in the main OmniFocus window you can press the (numeric keypad) enter key to toggle note editing. That's faster than tabbing to the paperclip. I really wish the enter key worked in QE. (Currently I just type longish topic text and then edit it in my inbox when processing, but that's extra work.)
The other note editing shorcut (cmd-') does work in QE. I'd prefer all the same keystrokes work in the same way, but at least it is accomplishable without resorting to the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarkley
The other note editing shorcut (cmd-') does work in QE. I'd prefer all the same keystrokes work in the same way, but at least it is accomplishable without resorting to the mouse.
Excellent! Thanks for pointing that out.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
That's interesting, I didn't know you could do that. I also wish it worked in QE, thank you.

And thank you, Kmarkley, for pointing out the other keyboard shortcut!

Still, you should be able to tab to the paperclip and hit space, if only because that's how everything else in OS X works. Shortcuts might be faster, but I like the tab-space because it's (normally) consistent across applications, and the keys are friendlier to my fingers when typing.

Last edited by GeekLady; 2007-06-27 at 10:22 AM..