The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem with organizing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I've a problem with organizing within OF. I have different customers and different projects, but only one possibility to tag my todos. How can I solve this problem? Folders aren't a solution, because it needs to many steps to sort the todos into folders.

Or I want to have the context "phone" or "less then 10 minutes" for the same todo. It depends from the situation.

Any suggestions?

Regards, Detlef

Have you considered using the Duration field? The View Bar allows you to filter by duration, so you could look at your Calls or Phone context and only see the ones you thought would take a short amount of time.

OF 2 will have a metadata column, we are told, where you will be able to put tags of your choosing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	516
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1156  

@whpalmer4: That picture you posted looks like it's for OF for Mac, not for iPhone. I have this on my iPod, and as far as I know, there isn't a duration option. :-\

Oops, yep, sorry about that! I didn't notice that this was in the OmniFocus for iPhone forum.

That's ok! But it makes me want to go out and buy a Mac. :) I hate my PC.

Detlef, I'd probably tackle this by using "Phone" as the context, and then putting something like "#10" in the action title. You'll still look in the phone context for all your phone-related actions, but you can also find all the 10-minutes-or-less actions by entering the 'hashtag' for that category into the search field. Does that work for your purposes?

(From the credit-where-it's-due department: http://hashtags.org/)