The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Control Totalling by level Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love the column totalling capability. So useful! Is it possible though, to control which levels get totals? I have an outline where I'd like the total to appear at level 1, where numbers have been provided at level 2. This works fine, until I have a level 3 (which I don't provide any number for). It appears the totals only work at the Parent/Child level.

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi, sorry no, you can't specify which cells are summaries. However you'll have more control over calculations in OO4.

While it might not make as much sense in your document, you can just enter the value you want in the parent in one of the child rows right? And then the summary will carry up through the structure.