The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Show full hierarchy for project names Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm not sure if I'm just missing something here, or if something I want in OF just isn't present.

I have the "Show full hierarchy" checkbox checked in preferences, and this works great in context mode. But I just made a new perspective that I called "Review Today" that is in planning mode, grouped and sorted by "Next Review". This is great, just what I want, but ... there's no indication of which folder each project belongs to. Unlike context mode, where the project is shown as "Folder, Project Name" in the project column (I have the separator set to a comma), the title of the project is just "Project Name" in my "Review Today" perspective in planning mode.

Is there any way for me to get the folder name to show along with the project name, just like in context mode?

If you open the ViewBar and group by Folder, that should give you what you're looking for (if I understood your post).

No, that's not what I want. I want to group and order by "Next Review". However, when I do this, OF doesn't present any information about which projects live in which folders.

This is a problem because I re-use project names (e.g. several of my folders have "Miscellaneous" projects to hold single actions related to that folder).