The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Due Time Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey all,

I don't know if I just can't find this functionality but I can't seem to get OmniFocus to display the due TIME for a task. For example, if I go into the Due Perspective...I have activated the "Due Date" column but that just shows the date. I'd like to see the time things are due. I understand that the items are stored sequentially based on what is due first but I would like to see the actual time. Is this feature in OmniFocus?

Cheers,
Michael

There are 4 time settings available in OmniFocus that are set by executing commands in Terminal (see below). I have no idea what the 4th one does (FormatStyle), have not seen an explanation of what it does, and I've not been brave enough to try it to find out for myself. The other 3 are pretty much self-explanatory.

Show Times in Date Cells

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterShowTime YES
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterDefaultWantsTruncatedTime YES
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterUseRelativeDayNames YES
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterDateFormatStyle medium

Thanks guys :)

Sorry about posting an already asked question. Couldn't seem to find any other posts and there it was!

Any hints on the same question for the iPhone client?

Last edited by zoople; 2010-12-13 at 03:05 PM..

Welcome to the forums, Zoople! I'm not sure if the iOS apps will respect those settings, but it's certainly possible. If you email our support ninjas, we can get you a more definitive answer from folks more knowledgable than I. :-)

(We collectively browse the forums as we're able to do so, but it's on top of our other duties.)

I substituted DateFormatStyle medium with 'short' and I got 31.12.2010 instead of 31. Dec 2010 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
There are 4 time settings available in OmniFocus that are set by executing commands in Terminal (see below). I have no idea what the 4th one does (FormatStyle), have not seen an explanation of what it does, and I've not been brave enough to try it to find out for myself. The other 3 are pretty much self-explanatory.

Last edited by Brian; 2010-12-15 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: fixed missing 'end quote' tag