The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Start column labels: too many. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
On June 5th the Message of the Day contained:

'Added some labels to the date columns so it's easier to tell what they are.'

I'm really pleased that a Column is now labelled e.g. 'Start' at the top: the presence of that column was too covert before. But I think it might be overkill, and even inappropriate, to have 'Start' greyed-in for every single task.

The thing is, a start date is often only relevant for some of the tasks in my project list. It's good to know where to put it if it's relevant, but it's distracting to have 'Start' repeated all over the place when it's not.

It's a much cleaner interface without them, and no less intelligible, IMHO.

Yeah, I posted a note about this to the OF team, too. I think the problem they were trying to address is that if you have a date in the project row, then it becomes ambigious again. I feel it is information overload the way it is, and it obscures the exceptions where dated items should stand out.