The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View links as bookmarks (still) broken Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When using the contextual menu item "View links as bookmarks" on a page, the first time ever(!) this is done for a particular page it works: The bookmark window opens, a new folder with the page name is created, and all links on that page are gathered and displayed.

However, when I delete that folder (or single links within that auto- generated folder), performing a subsequent "View links a s bookmarks" on that same page creates a new folder, but does no longer gather the links on that page, but instead keeps displaying the links as they were at the first time I performed the command on that page.

The best way to see this is as follows:

- Open a page.
- Perform "View links as bookmarks".
- Select all gathered links, delete them. (The folder is now empty).
- Delete the auto-generated bookmark folder.
- Reload the web page.
- Perform "View links as bookmarks" again.

Now, a new folder is created with the page name, but it remains empty.

Even if the links on that page change (like e.g. on www.heise.de, which is a news portal with changing content every some minutes), "View links as bookmarks" ceases to work after first performing it on a certain page. The list of links is not recalculated as it should when performing the command.

I already had reported this bug against the current public release of OW some months ago and just wanted to renew it for the SPs. Still existing, it does not look like to be tied to the (old/new) rendering engine, but the OW core instead.

-rC

FWIW, when I retrace your steps the same thing happens here. I think they're only looking to fix new bugs in 5.5.