The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmarks sync with iDisk Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Sorry for the simple question, I'm new to OW and although I browsed both the forum & OW manual, I couldn't find the proper answer.

I've OB installed on my desktop & laptop computers.

1) I set Preferences > sync with iDisk and clicked the "open .mac preferences" button but I did not see any OB bookmarks icon there. Is that ok?

2) Once into OB, on my desktop computer, I clicked Bookmarks > Synchronize Bookmarks now and waited for about 30'.
I then went to the laptop, opened OB and clicked Bookmarks > Synchronize Bookmarks now.
But I could not find my new bookmarks on the other computer.

I performed the operation several times without success.

So please, what's the trick?

1.) This is fine. We don't use sync services, just the WebDAV functionality of your iDisk.

2.) I'm not sure what's going on here but what you did "Should" work. You might try checking your Error Log (Window > Error Log) and also make sure that the bookmarks are being placed on your idisk server. They should be saved in iDisk/Documents/OmniWeb 5/ and you should see three html files, Bookmarks.html, Favorites.html and Published.html.