The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > AppleScripting Omni Apps
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniPlan Export Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I am trying to use the export applescript and while I follow the script documentation I can't see what the properties should be defined as.

For example, your documentation reads:

export v : Export a document.
export specifier : The document(s) or window(s) to save.
[to file] : The file in which to save the document.
[as text] : The type of file to save as. Possible values are 'CSV', 'MPX', 'MSPDI' (which is MS Project XML), 'ICAL', 'PNG', 'PDF', 'TIFF', 'JPEG', 'OmniOutliner v3', 'OmniGraffle', 'HTML Task List', 'HTML Resource List', and 'HTML Full Report'. More valid export types may be added in the future.
[using template file or text] : Name (if the template is in a standard location) or file of the template to be used for export.
[with properties export settings] : current export settings for this project.

(the properties export shows up as a hyperlink, but does nothing when I click it).

So, if I have the script:

tell application "OmniPlan"
set mydoc to open "/Users/myuser/Plans/MyPlan.omniplan"
export mydoc to "/Users/myuser/Plans/Reports/MyPlan.htmld" as "HTML Full Report" using template "My Detail Output"
end tell

I want to add to the end of this "with properties " but I can't find documentation to tell me how to specify that I want it to export with the .htmld extension (right now it doesn't).

Also, when exporting I is exporting with a filter applied. How do I tell OmniPlan in applescript to not filter, or to filter using a criteria.

Thanks

Pete.

The available export settings are not related to extensions or file types.

Image of the documentation attached.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-07-05 at 07:46 AM..

For me it seems to be exporting to a .htmld, but it shows up in Finder as a folder with its extension hidden. (Try "Get Info" on the output to see if that's happening for you also.)

There is no way to set the filtering option when exporting via AppleScript.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
For me it seems to be exporting to a .htmld, but it shows up in Finder as a folder with its extension hidden. (Try "Get Info" on the output to see if that's happening for you also.)

There is no way to set the filtering option when exporting via AppleScript.
Can you add a feature request for me to be able to change the filter by AppleScript? The export is essentially useless to me without this feature, as it exports how the plan was filtered the last time, and may not be in a consistent state. My goal of applescript was to export two filtered views of the project plan automatically.

Thanks

Pete.

Pete: yup, makes sense. A few other people have been looking for something very similar.