The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BUG: attempt to insert nil value Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I played around with export templates, removing a few columns.

Next, I selected a group of tasks, pasting into a new OmniPlan file, and then
exporting from there. It's the only way I seem to be able to export all of Fred's tasks, without everyone else's, which sucks. Why is export tasks per person an option if it doesn't function correctly?

Now, when I select Export option (new file or original), I get a pop-up with this:

*** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value

Did I b0rk the custom template I created? Seems simple enough, all I wanted to do was remove a few columns.

If I b0rked the templates, how to I get back to basics so I can at least do a default export?

If the error is something else, what happened and how do I get back to exporting correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxedguy
I played around with export templates, removing a few columns.

Next, I selected a group of tasks, pasting into a new OmniPlan file, and then
exporting from there. It's the only way I seem to be able to export all of Fred's tasks, without everyone else's, which sucks. Why is export tasks per person an option if it doesn't function correctly?

Now, when I select Export option (new file or original), I get a pop-up with this:

*** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value

Did I b0rk the custom template I created? Seems simple enough, all I wanted to do was remove a few columns.

If I b0rked the templates, how to I get back to basics so I can at least do a default export?

If the error is something else, what happened and how do I get back to exporting correctly?
Sorry about that. The export tasks per person option used to work in previous versions but there was a regression. We should have it fixed in OmniPlan 1.2.

As for the error message, are you getting this pop-up when you go to "File" > "Export" (before the export pane shows up), or when you click the "Export" button on the export pane?

If it's the former, try deleting your preference file. It should be located in ~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniPlan.plist. Drag that to the trash and relaunch OmniPlan.

If it's the latter, you can delete all your customized HTML templates that reside in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/OmniPlan/HTMLTemplates. Make sure to select "Standard" template when you are on the export pane.

It was the former circumstance. I deleted the plist file and all is well again.