The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

amending due date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
eg. When I select my 'Due' items Perspective I am in context mode.
How do I quickly amend due date?

eg.
1. view 'Due'
2. select item in 'Due Last Week'
3. 'focus' loses selection and I get more but not all items due last week.
? What's the logic here?
4. select item again and choose context mode.
... gets me long list and I have to locate and select item again, before editing date.

Can anyone suggest a quicker route please?

The main problem for me is that in context mode, I can't edit the date field

peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemer View Post
The main problem for me is that in context mode, I can't edit the date field
Sure you can. Use View --> Columns --> Due Date to turn on the date column in Context mode. Take a snapshot of the perspective to make it remember to display that column.

Curt

And use the Inspector if you want to change more than one action to the same date at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
And use the Inspector if you want to change more than one action to the same date at once.
ah... I haven't gotten to Inspector yet - following your post I had a look - fascinating, thanks

:-)

peter

ah - hadn't got as far as customising my columns!

many thanks :-)

Is there a way to show Inbox items when due?
Or does GTD insist that these items must be parsed first?

peter

Last edited by peterlemer; 2008-08-21 at 04:34 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemer View Post
Is there a way to show Inbox items when due?
Or does GTD insist that these items must be parsed first?
I'm not sure I remember GTD insisting on anything, though certainly suggestions were made :-)

Your question leaves considerable scope for interpretation. Here are a few possibilities:

If you are asking for some sort of automatic notification that there are actions in the Inbox which have passed their due date, check out the preferences for Data, the Dates & Times section, where you'll find some checkboxes to show Due Soon and Overdue actions in the sidebar, menu bar, or dock.

If you turn on Growl notifications by installing Growl (see http://growl.info), you'll get notifications when items become available, due soon, or overdue, and Inbox items will be included.

If you want to see the due dates in the Inbox, add the Due Date column by right/cmd-clicking on the column headings (only visible if the View bar is visible) and selecting Due Date, or by using the View->Columns command.

The default styles will show overdue items in the Inbox in red, just as in other places. You might need to add the Inbox to your saved perspectives in planning/project mode, which you can do by tinkering with an existing perspective until you have it just right (in this case, shift-clicking on the Inbox in the sidebar to add it to the selection), then clicking the little camera icon in the Perspectives Window to take a snapshot. In context mode, you might need to similarly add the "No Contexts" folder, if you typically leave actions in the Inbox without a context yet would like to see them in these views.