The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating Project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to set up a project to repeat and have it appear in Due Soon (or Overdue) as a project rather than individual actions?

What I've tried so far:

Project is set to:
start: 2/25/11 12:00 AM
due: 2/25/11 11:55 PM
repeat: every week
Parallel

Action items in the project do not have due dates or repeating set.

In the Overdue view, the Project does appear as expected, but all of the actions within the project also appear.

Is it possible to have only the project appear in the list (with an arrow to go to the actions in the project)?

When you complete the entire project (i.e. tick the project itself as complete rather than the actions) it will recreate itself with the new dates.

The actions do not carry any evidence of the repeat. if you put repeat on both actions within a project and the actual project itself, you end up with multiplying actions.

Yes, the action items within the project do not have repeat set. They also don't have due dates. They all appear in the view ("Due" or "Overdue"), as does the project. Would like to see just the project, which would have an arrow so it could be expanded.

Maybe I should just have a single action that repeats each week as a reminder to do the project. It's really just a checklist.

The thinking behind the current behavior is that you check off the actions in the project or group, and then the project or group appears so you can check that off, too.

That said, I believe we've gotten a feature request for something like this; would be useful to email the support ninjas so you can be attached to that request. Thanks!

In the meantime, you could always add the checklist as a note - that way you'd have it for reference, while only seeing a single item in your list. Hope that helps!

That's a great idea, thanks, I can make it as a bulleted list in a note.