The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Decouple Effort and Duration? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Is there a way to decouple Effort and Duration? I’ll use the classic “washing dishes by hand vs. in the dishwasher” example to show what I’m talking about. Washing and drying a sink full of dishes by hand takes 20 minutes of Effort and has a task Duration of 20 minutes. Using the dishwasher to do the same task requires only 5 minutes of Effort (to load and unload), but the Duration is now 60 minutes for the task.

How can I get OP to account for the dishwasher scenario? If I input the Effort of 5 min, then OP automatically sets the Duration at 5 min, which is incorrect and screws up the schedule. If I instead input the Duration at 60min, well then OP sets the Effort at the same length of time and thus I’m calculating costs for a far greater amount of time than needed.

Solutions?

Thanks,
Erik