The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

5.5b2: unneeded empty tab Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When the URL was opened from another application and OmniWeb was not running at that moment, it is always opened as a second tab in a window with empty first tab displaying "Loading..." message in the tab drawer. I believe it is wrong behavior, and there should be no empty tab at all. Just the window displaying the site I opened from another application.

It sounds like you have that workspace saved with one blank tab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
It sounds like you have that workspace saved with one blank tab.
No, I never touched default workspace settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endorphinity
When the URL was opened from another application and OmniWeb was not running at that moment, it is always opened as a second tab in a window with empty first tab displaying "Loading..." message in the tab drawer. I believe it is wrong behavior, and there should be no empty tab at all. Just the window displaying the site I opened from another application.
it does that with me as well, is there a fix? at the moment as a workround I don't use a blank homepage (now the first tab is always my homepage)

Have you set "Open links from other applications in: A new tab"?

If so--that is the issue...

I would guess this is also a bug in 5.1.3 and if so--not likely to be fixed for 5.5 since we want to ship really soon now.

The same behavior occurs when you tell OmniWeb to open a folder of bookmarks in new tabs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
Have you set "Open links from other applications in: A new tab"?

If so--that is the issue...
Yes, I have.

I've reported the same problem -- if there's an empty tab, OmniWeb won't use it for links opened by other applications. This has been the case since OW 5.0 (it never handled this correctly), but I wouldn't say it's a bug; it's doing what it's supposed to do: opening links from other apps in a new tab. It's just not checking if an empty one was already available.

However, the fact that blank tabs are labelled "Loading..." is new in OW 5.5. Obviously this is not the correct behavior, but again, not so much a bug as a situation not handled correctly. This one can't be too hard to fix, and IMO it would come across as a bit sloppy if it's still doing that in the final release.

Although I'd like to see both of these problems solved, I'm sure there are heaps of more important ones to be dealt with first.

Last edited by Stormchild; 2006-08-10 at 08:15 AM..