The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Show next Canvas using AppleScript? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I'd like to write an AppleScript which will show the next Canvas. Specifically, I'll want it to work in presentation mode. I haven't been able to figure out how. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Well, you could use the Action Inspector's ability to simply switch to the next canvas (or a specific canvas, as well), it's in the "Jumps Elsewhere" portion of the inspector popup.

That said, simply clicking on the empty canvas while in Presentation Mode will advance to the next canvas.

Hope that helps,

Thanks Joel, but actually, I really want to be able to do this via AppleScript. Is that not possible?

Oh I imagine it's entirely possible, however I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to AppleScript, so I gave the easy answer.

Got it. Is there an AppleScript whiz at Omni who might be able to help?

Just played around with it, and it looks like it's fairly easy to set the jump to a specific canvas:

Code:
set jump of graphic -1 of it to canvas id 2 of document of front window of application "OmniGraffle Professional 5"
That's as far as I can get with it, but it may be a start towards getting next or previous canvas jumping behavior.

Hmm, thanks, but that doesn't compile when I paste it in. Did the formatting get messed up?

Here's the full Script instead of just a snippet:

Code:
tell application "OmniGraffle Professional 5"
	tell canvas of front window
		make new shape at end of graphics with properties {draws shadow: false, size: {68.000000, 60.000000}, origin: {152.000000, 112.000000}, stroke join: miter}
		set jump of graphic -1 of it to canvas id 2 of document of front window of application "OmniGraffle Professional 5"
	end tell
end tell