The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

My QuickDonePanel Script Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey People,

one thing that annoyed me a lot in OF was that i always had to search for a TODO in the app before I could edit the note or mark it off. This especially annoyed me with "Waiting for" tasks (like I got the email i was waiting for and wanted to check the corresponding "waiting for" task off). So I fixed it ;)

Here is my Script to do the work, it is written in Python and uses the AppleEvent bridge appscript to communicate with OmniFocus. Here is the way to install it.
  1. Open up terminal.app, type in "sudo easy_install appscript"; you will
    need to enter your admin password and have connection to the internet.
    This will install appscript.
  2. Download my script
  3. Now you can launch it by double clicking
  4. Do the right thing though: place the script somewhere (/Applications/ for
    example), and put a Quicksilver trigger on it (Cmd+Alt+D maybe?). This avoids the ugly shell windows and makes the script really useful.

The features are quite simple:
  • type to select the task you want to mark off. When it is selected (greyish selection is enough), press Return and the program closes and the task will be checked off
  • if a task is selected you can edit the notes using Cmd+e. This will open up MacVim with the notes; when you write and close the vim window, the notes propagate back to OF

MacVim is hardcoded as an Editor. I do not use anything else, therefore I won't bother code for another TextEditor. The script is public domain, if you add proper support, please post it in this thread.

Comments? Questions?

Greetings,
Holger
Attached Files
File Type: zip mark_done.command.zip (2.6 KB, 1062 views)

Just tried this out, very cool.

Thanks for sharing!

The script seems to be useful but I wonder if there's an other way to trigger it except Quicksilver (I use LaunchBar)?

Thanks in advance

Never minde. I just created an .app from your script which I can trigger with anything I want.

Cheers