The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Move to Inbox/Tickler Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi.

Since the numerous pleas by several users for a quick entry field for the project and the context field in the inspector of a task seem to fall on deaf ears. Does someone have an applescript to move the selected file into the inbox or the project called 'tickler'? The suggested workflow is as follows:

1) Enter review mode
2) If you want to move a project, simply move it to tickler or inbox
3) After reviewing go through the inbox => there's your quick entry field ;-)
4) Happiness

I'm sorry, but my Applescript skills are too bad to even try something as simple as this.

Thanks.
Kasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasi View Post
Hi.

2) If you want to move a project, simply move it to tickler or inbox
You should never put anything back to inbox :)))...

Well, you could get an ISO 9000 certification for the process and enforce it ;-)

Seriously, I wish there was a quick entry field in the inspector to quickly move tasks between projects. I currently have 73 open projects and the list selection is just a big joke.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasi View Post
Seriously, I wish there was a quick entry field in the inspector to quickly move tasks between projects. I currently have 73 open projects and the list selection is just a big joke.
I only have 64 active projects, but list selection in the inspector works fine for me. Because everything is prefaced with its enclosing folder, it doesn't seem that hard to find things. Plus, like all pulldown menus in OS X, you can type the first few letters of an item to jump to it.

Yeah, it's not as good as a SmartMatch-enabled pulldown, but still seems to work okay for me.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
I only have 64 active projects, but list selection in the inspector works fine for me.
My inspector shows all of my projects, active, on hold, it might even have dropped and completed stuff. I can't tell, it's so long.

What are you doing to get a list of only active projects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Plus, like all pulldown menus in OS X, you can type the first few letters of an item to jump to it.
Unfortunately, I have things broken out into folders, so the "first few letters" are always "personal" or "work", etc., and I still have dozens to hundreds of projects to scroll through. It's one of the weaker parts of OF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
My inspector shows all of my projects, active, on hold, it might even have dropped and completed stuff. I can't tell, it's so long.

What are you doing to get a list of only active projects?
It might be that Dennis is aggressive about archiving completed projects, so he doesn't really notice that they are still in his list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
It might be that Dennis is aggressive about archiving completed projects, so he doesn't really notice that they are still in his list...
Yeah, actually that seems to be the case for me. Looking now, however, I do see that not all are active. Although, that makes sense, I guess; you might want to move an action to an "on hold" project and this would be a good way to do it.

While I agree it'd be nice to have the SmartMatch technology in the inspector's project and context pulldowns, for some reason I don't really have a problem with the conventional pulldowns that are in there now. The list can be long, but maybe by organizational scheme makes it easier for me to navigate. I have things broken down a lot more than just "home" and "work".

-Dennis