The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspectives not working for me on iPhone or iPad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It appears to me that the "Do" and "Today" perspectives are not displaying properly on my iPhone 5 or third generation iPad. Example: In the "Do" perspective, the first heading shows "No Start Date" but the items listed under it clearly have a due date - today; then it shows each item in date order through all of my projects, including those with no start or due dates, which are shown at the end of the list. In the "Today" perspective, it shows my items by project without regard to due dates; those due today are just mixed in with those of later due dates. Everything on my Mac version of OF works as I expect, and I'm running the latest version of all OF software.

Can I assume I've done something wrong on my Mac or is it a bug in the iPhone/iPad software? I should note that at present I have no perspectives set up on my Mac with the exception of "Due." I also don't use contexts; rather, my projects are set up more like contexts (Home, School, etc).

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by lgshaw; 2012-10-14 at 05:58 AM..

What is your "Do" perspective?

Start date and due date are two independent fields. Any action or project can have neither, both, or just one.

Thanks for your reply, whpalmer4. I know the start and due dates are separate fields and didn't think I had a "Do" perspective on my Mac, but your reply caused me to check and I do! Think that must be where the problem lies. We are not able to set perspectives on the phone, right?

Not possible to create or modify perspectives on the iOS gadgets at the moment, no. And while there may be built-in views on the iOS gadgets named similarly to the Mac stock perspectives, they aren't actually implemented via those perspectives, so modifying the Mac Flagged perspective (for example) won't make any changes to the built-in Flagged view on iPhone or iPad (though it will make changes to the Flagged perspective on them, so long as the change wasn't to make it a project-mode view, which is not yet supported on iOS).

Hopefully I've just made things much less clear :-)