The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Searching for projects by strings in their notes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been asked whether one can find projects by keys (string patterns) stored in their notes.

My first response is to suggest a Where in OF search like:
projects where note contains "StringPattern"
but others may have better suggestions ...

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-17 at 05:48 AM.. Reason: Updated link to Where in OF

Rob,

Thank you very much for posting this. If I could bug you with another question of how to properly invoke Where in OF in an applescript?

ideally, I would like to create a new task in a project that contains a specified Key in its notes.

something like:

Code:

set myNewTask to (make new task with properties {name:...} at end of tasks of (project where note contains "StringPattern"))
is that possible?

Thanks for the help
Ricky

That can be done directly in Applescript - no need for Where in OF.

Something like:

Code:
tell application id "OFOC"
	tell front document
		set lstMatch to flattened projects where note contains "StringPattern"
		if length of lstMatch < 1 then
			display dialog "No matches"
			return
		end if

tell first item of lstMatch
			make new task with properties {name:"Some task name"}
		end tell
	end tell
end tell

Rob, thanks as always for your help! Incidentally, the Where in OF works great for finding the Key on the fly.