The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Merlin2 or OmniPlan2 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi Guys!

I run a chance to be cast out :-) but I do want to hear from you why did you choose one over another.

I'm trying both programs now and Merlin looks more pleasing to the eye (I like the way the lines in charts looks slim and nice, font is small, all looks really slick on my 13" MacBook), they seem to be more geared towards big teams and big projects (server version, iPad/iPhone version, Daylite integration).

But the most appealing is the price. It used to be more expensive than OmniPlan and it was the main stopper when I checked it before OP2 came out. Now it's the same.

I don't need big team features at the moment, but when I do (hopefully soon) I don't want to buy new s/w, even though M2 seems to be capable to import OP's projects without problem.

I have only came across one thing that is annoying in M2 - I can't get a project created with undetermined start date. I went through their forums and saw that I'm not alone in this. Omni allows for that and it's great for estimates when I need to give client the idea how long would a project take.
I like the way you can easily group items in OP2.

Please, Omni give me smaller fonts by default (I know I can change it using Cmd+F, but it's awkward), GANTT elements (I want it slim and as nice looking as in M2), duration of each activity in the GANTT chart (I know I can see it when hoovering over each one on the chart, but if I take a screenshot and paste it into email, it's not there) and I fall in :-)

I'm user of OF and OG Pro and love your products and especially you ninjas :-)

Last edited by amarkelo; 2011-11-15 at 12:15 PM..