The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sort actions manually? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Put me down as another vote for manual sorting and context view. I'll be emailing the support ninjas momentarily.

And now for my workaround: Sort by "Changed," and then add a space to the end of a task, or delete a space if it's already there. The affected task will float to the top of the list. Repeat for any other tasks you want at the top of the list.

This is a few more clicks than ideal, because it'll be natural for you to do the most important taks first, then the second-most-important, and so on, and when you're done the most important task will no longer be a the top. But it's not a huge amount of work to make another pass to get everything in the right order.

Count me in as well.

I wrote the post http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...323#post101323 before reading this thread, which pretty much addresses the same issue.

I know its an old thread, sorry! But I need this, but in its absence I wanted to state what I do, as this post comes top on Google searching for this missing feature.

I sort by Name, and then add 1, 2, 3, before the task. I used to then add 1a, 1b, etc when I did not want to reorder everything. I am now at the point of 1a1, 1a2 etc. Its BAD to have to do it this way! but its the only manual way I can think of.