The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Attach FIle and Ressources Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
May be it's not implemented yet but the Attach File is always grayed out. I'm assuming that it is to attach multi-files to a task for reference, like a notebook for every task to track progress. At least I hope this is what it's for.

Also it would be nice to be able to populate ressource from the "Address Book".

Look very promising. Hopefully will have nice reporting capabilities like Fasttrack.

Migth be a little bit expensive for 1st release and capabilities

Keep the good work.

Where con you see the attach option? I can't find it. This is the one thing, I'm still missing.

It's in the context menu for tasks, right? We brought that feature over from Outliner but haven't had time to make it work yet, so we've turned it off until we can do it right. We meant to hide it completely, but I guess we missed one spot. Hopefully we'll add this feature back soon.

Also, you can import from address book -- it's in the context menu for the resource view. Email omniplan@omnigroup.com if you need more help finding it.

Ah, I've found the adress book import option. But the attachment function isn't there at all. But you've turned it off, so I have to wait for that.

Possibly I find it in the 1.0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
We brought that feature over from Outliner but haven't had time to make it work yet, so we've turned it off until we can do it right. [snip]
One vote for making sure you add it :) . It was the one item I really was missing and did think that it should be pretty easy to implement the feature like in OutlinerPro. I would use it to connect various "scope" documents to the project and reports to help keep project notes clean.

Thanks