The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.8 SP (77.50.0.133641) Crash Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This morning OmniFocus greeted me with the prompt that a new SP build was available, OmniFocus 1.8 sneaky peek (77.50.0.133641). For me, this release crashes every time upon launch so I've reverted back to .133628. I've sent in a crash report, but use caution if you download this version.

Hmm, 77.50.0.133641 seems to be running fine here. I wonder what the difference is between our systems?

-Dennis

It seems to be working fine for me, too. Maybe try a Rebuild Database, then launch the new SP again?

Tried rebuilding the database, tried installing v77.50.0.133657, and no luck. It crashes every time at launch. The 77.50.0.133628 release is the last one I can run-no problems with it at all. I am on Leopard, which could be one system difference from what most others are using.

I was able to fire up 133657 on one of our test lab machines running 10.5.8, but there were a couple of outstanding software updates. Will re-test after applying those to see if they're a factor...

Okay, with machine fully updated, still able to launch the app. Greg, if you set your database aside and re-launch the app, does it start up with the default one? Maybe there's something about your database which tickles the bug.

Brian, I've tried what you suggested and the latest OF SP does start with the default database. Furthermore, I can drag my existing database to the desktop, double-click it, and it opens fine. Loading a backup works fine also. However, in all the above situations my perspectives are all gone-not something I want to have to recreate. Moving the database back to the Application Support folder results in an immediate crash on launch. The database still opens and works just fine with the 77.50.0.133628 release. Any other suggestions? TIA.

Please do me a favor and email the support ninjas from the Send Feedback menu item - if it's possible to send us your database, that would be very helpful, but even if not, we can work with you to figure out what's going on here.

Rolling back a couple of Sneaky Peeks will keep you up and running for the time being, but if you're encountering this crash, other folks likely will upon release. We'll want to fix it before 1.8 goes final. Thanks!

Oh, and please send in the crash reports if you haven't already. :-)

I got an email from Ken last night that the problem had been identified and a fix was in the works. I installed release 133722 this morning and indeed my issue has been fixed. Many thanks to everyone, and the responsiveness of the Omni team to get this fixed quickly. You all are the best!