The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

re-reading recent pages Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
while visiting a web site, a window appeared with graphics, etc and a counter. before the counter had counted down to 0, the page re-loaded itself and the original graphics etc was gone. pressing Back did not show the graphics I had seen.

is there any way to see those graphics/html? is there a cache of jpg/html files somewhere that I can search through using BBEdit for example (before quitting OW) for what I saw?

regards,
Gregory

ATM I can only think of one thing that will work for sure: Emptying the cache and going to the page again.

The cache itself unfortunately saves everything as a file named <xyz>.cache—there's no easy way to find out which of the files are JPEGs or HTML files or whatever. (The unix command line utility "file" can tell you what kind of data actually is in a file, but there are just too many files in the cache to test them all by hand—you'd have to write a short script or something.)

are the 'cache' files actually just jpegs and html files? can I just change the file extensions and read them normally?

Sorry—no, they aren't. I thought so myself, as this is the case for many browsers. Or at least was the case when I looked into cache files for the last time some years ago. :-)

WebKit based browsers use some binary format, it seems.