The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus as Note/Project Tracker Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm currently utilizing Omnifocus as both a todo tracker, project tracker and notes depository. Is anyone else using it in this manner? Following the rule that most people only use 25% of an apps functionality, I don't need MS Project to meet my needs.

My question is really...I am nuts to rely so heavily on Omnifocus for holding notes and information? What is the apps capacity? What additional backup should I be looking at? I'm currently only using timemachine, weekly hard dumps of Documents to an external drive and then to CD for off-site.

I interested in thought.

Andrew Wilson

You might find that OmniOutliner is more suited for the notetaking aspects of what you're doing.

I often add short notes about completed actions in OmniFocus for future reference. These usually consist of no more than a paragraph or two and maybe a link to a document or web site. In just the few weeks since the 1.0 release, I've already found myself going back to refer to these notes on completed projects.

But I don't use OmniFocus for arbitrary notes that aren't in some way related to actionable tasks or possible future tasks. There are many other apps for that sort of thing, like OmniOutliner or Yojimbo and many others.