The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Who is omniplan made for??? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm a college student and an avid omnifocus user, I'm just curious what kind of professions/careers use omniplan. It seems like a steep learning curve and also looks very specific and pertain to an education of which I'm guessing this software was made for project managers specifically. I'm curious how omniplan fits into other avenues for those of use who aren't project managers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiDelt View Post
I'm a college student and an avid omnifocus user, I'm just curious what kind of professions/careers use omniplan. It seems like a steep learning curve and also looks very specific and pertain to an education of which I'm guessing this software was made for project managers specifically. I'm curious how omniplan fits into other avenues for those of use who aren't project managers
It's best for project managers, really, where you're managing projects with lots of resources and dependencies. It's overkill for personal task management IMO.

Operational managers and team leaders are other roles that need to do schedule or resource planning for more than one person. The need to exercise these skills is not exclusive to project managers.

Afternoon all,

I stumbled on a resource (can't find it now, damn) that mentioned NOT doing your project planning with OF alone. The justification made a lot of sense to me, and now I'm looking for... well, okay what the hell do I use for the project planning?

I love me some OMNI, and I would lean towards OP, but it's massive and complex (well, OF is too, granted), and I'm just wondering how someone would use it for personal project planning.

Any ideas, or any techniques you all are using?

Cheers!