The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Just using iPad version? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hello.

I need to get up and running quickly with a GTD solution (I am a total newbie when it comes to GTD), and am unfortunately a PC/Outlook user. It is clear to me that the best solution available is OmniFocus, but that Toodledo would be a more open platform. The only "work" computer I have available is a PC, but I have also recently begun using an iPad at the office. I only have time to do this once, and would like to make the right choice from the beginning.

If I go forward with OF, I would exclusively be using it on the iPad, and nowhere else. From what I can tell, I would be able to email tasks to my iPad using the "send-to-omnifocus" address, and would be able to sync using the new mobile sync service. These two items go a long way to making me think this will work.

The only thing holding me up right now is the inability to share my to-do items with anyone else from the iPad. My list would be somewhat of an "island", and from what I can tell, it wouldn't integrate with my Outlook calendar, either (though I'm sketchy on the calendar point).

I'm wondering if anyone else out there is only using the iPad version of OmniFocus due to living in a PC environment, and if so, what methods are you using to a) make it efficient to manage your task list, and b) share your workflow with others in your environment?

Also, I get the sense from browsing the forums that there is a trend toward opening OmniFocus up to the rest of the world, and that the Omni Group is doing more to help Windows users get integrated to their software (send-to-omnifocus being a prime example). Am I just being hopeful, or are others sensing the same thing? Does the long-term roadmap for OmniFocus include more cross-platform integration?

Thanks.

-Kevin