The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forcing OO Styles On Pasted Text? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am using OmniOutliner to create an outline for my dissertation. Often I paste text into my OO outline from a word document or website. When I do so, it retains the style of the original document (bold text is bold, Times New Roman is pasted as Times New Roman, etc.. etc..). I know I can strip this manually... but is there a way to force the pasted to text to take on the style of the OO level into which it is being pasted?

Thanks!

It makes life a lot easier if you simply switch the keyboard shortcuts for Edit->Paste and Edit->Paste with Current Style. You can do this with the Keyboard & Mouse pane in the System Preferences.

I'm not sure of the best approach for clearing existing styling and reapplying the level styling for a significant number of rows. Hopefully someone else will chime in with a good approach.