The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

v1.2.3: showing too many overdue/due items. Bug? [A: Indeed! Will fix. Sorry!] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have noticed that since the update, my context views are showing overdue and due items in the bar on the right hand panel: eg 1 available, 2 overdue.

To my knowledge I have no overdue items, and none appear in the list of tasks below the bar.

If due items are shown in the count, they do not appear either. I have played around with the little 'eye' view setter and they are definitely not there.

The iPad version is synced to the mac & iPhone versions, through omni sync server, and neither of these show these 'overdue' items.

I have reported this, but was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

I uninstalled the iPad app and then reinstalled it, but it's exactly the same.

Any ideas?

Last edited by marisa8184; 2011-03-18 at 09:24 AM..

I recently upgraded to 1.2.3 and now see unexplainable numbers of overdue items listed next to the contexts. I have OF set to View All but cannot find any of these overdue items. Also I know I couldn't have this many overdue items anyway since the number jumped from 0 to the thirties in a matter of hours.

I've already tried deleting and reinstalling OF, syncing with Mobile Me (I sync OF on Mac and on iPhone with iPad).

Anyone else experiencing this odd behavior or have any suggestions.
Thanks

Yes, I have the same issue. I sent an e-mail to support, and will report back what I hear.

Yup, see here also.

Yes, me too. I think we almost posted this at the same time. Sorry for the double threads.

Same here. Is there a way to actually file this as a bug? I feel sort of silly adding a "me too!" to this thread, but don't see another way of tracking this.

Also on the iPad.

On the iPad, use the Contact Omni item under the gear menu to send bug reports. On the Mac, use Help->Send Feedback to send bug reports.

I agree that this looks pretty broken! I haven't had a chance to try to take a brand-new database and cause this behavior (it does occur with my data), but it is disappointing that this change was apparently made just before release and none of the testers spotted the problem.

Just had a reply from the ninjas:

"Sorry for the trouble! This is a known bug in the latest version (OmniFocus is including your completed items in the due soon/overdue counts), and it will be fixed in the next update."

Good news. It's a known bug which is being fixed. At least I'm not going mad!

Nice to see a rapid response.