The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Viewing folder structure - how? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

I recently purchased OmniFocus but I'm having trouble finding a way to view the folder structure for my actions. In other words, if I created something along these lines:

Homework (F)
-Class 1 (F)
--Assignment 1 (P)
---Complete Task 1 (A)
---Complete Task 2 (A)
--Assignment 2 (P)
---Complete Task 1 (A)
---Complete Task 2 (A)

-Class 2 (F)
--Assignment 1 (P)
---Complete Task 1 (A)
---Complete Task 2 (A)
--Assignment 2 (P)
---Complete Task 1 (A)
---Complete Task 2 (A)

where:
(F) = Folder
(P) = Project
(A) = Action

... and then I click on Homework to view all actions I need to take related to school, how can I see where each Action is from?

So far, what I see is:

Complete Task 1
Complete Task 2
Complete Task 1
Complete Task 2
Complete Task 1
Complete Task 2
Complete Task 1
Complete Task 2

but there is no way for me to know which class it's for unless I click on each class folder one by one.

Hopefully this makes sense... and if it does, how can I fix OmniFocus to display things the way I want to or is it currently not possible? If it's not possible, can a feature be implemented in the future such that, in the action view pane, a column is added which indicates the folder structure where it came from? So far, we have Name, Sequence, Start, Due, Duration, Flag and Note but maybe we could add Origin as another column?

My only workaround so far is to include the project name in the title of the action which is ok but not ideal.

Turn on the View Bar if it isn't showing. In the View Bar set the view to Group By Folder.

Curt

Thanks Curt! That did the trick!