The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sharing tasks with others? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I think I'm about to move from Things to OmniFocus. Now I'm properly into my GTD system, it offers a lot of functionality and "distraction removal" that Things doesn't.

I'm wondering if there is a way of sharing certain tasks with other OF users (other than syncing the entire DB with someone else via MobileMe)?

Things allows you to assign a task to a "delegate", but that's about it. There's no actual sharing there.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

James

Hey James, thanks for considering OmniFocus!

I'm afraid you're correct - the only way to share tasks between people in current versions of the app is to share the entire database between both people.

We do want to get better tools for sending actions from one person's database to another into OmniFocus, but we haven't had a chance to code them yet...

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply. Any idea where that might be on the roadmap...?

I know it's one of the things we want to work on, but I don't have any specific info about when that work might happen. Sorry.

Fair enough!