The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.7 for iPhone is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks Team! As the number one advocate of icon change, I couldn't be more pleased :)

You'll be the first App in my dock on iPhone 4. Is there more information on local alerts? Do they decrease battery like the server notifications?

Looks nice. It appears the local alerts work after turning off calendar export, but they are not audible - just a notification on the screen. Is there a way to get an audible alert? It would be ideal if you could choose per action whether or not an alert is audible or just screen notification, but I understand not wanting too much feature creep.

Thanks,
Dave

Could someone PLEASE post some screenshots I sold/shipped my iPhone on Monday in preparation for my purchase of iPhone 4 tomorrow and have no way of seeing the new look.. :( Thanks!

Installed and tried the "fast app switching". OF still took around five seconds to restart each time I switched back to it. :' (

Then I restarted my Touch, and now ZOOM.
:' )

Disappointed in the lack (absence really) of any new UI features or enhancements, but fast switching IS pretty sweet.

Thanks Ninjas.

I really donīt get why you guys didnt refresh the search icon so that it would look similar to all the other new interface icons? Now it just sticks out like a sour thump :(

Also will this new style of interface icons be used in the iPad and mac app as well?

I agree with Sheuri. The new icons are too similar and are no longer instantly recognizable. They are practically impossible to distinguish between one another in certain lighting conditions.

In my opinion, the new icons disregard the Apple Human Interface Guidelines.

The gray background icon color is dull and boring. I used to enjoy the vibrant colors of the interface. Now, adding tasks seems like work.

Very disappointing.

The icon observation is interesting, as I never noticed a difference in the icons for parallel and sequential projects with the earlier versions. Are you all saying that they were somehow different (excluding the SAL icon)?

Good as always to see the technical improvements.
Very disappointed though about this drastic UI change. :(

What was the need to change the original OF icon?? It was clean and beautiful and had a charming reminiscence to the days of Ethan's fabulous kGTD and Merlin's "Hipster PDA" - for those who remember the roots of OF.

Also the new icons within the program are just small, harder to distinguish and their solid dark cube style makes no design sense on the paperwhite index-card layout.

I'm far from judging taste - but this UI change simply does not make sense in any way that I can think of.

After all the original OmniFocus UI had won the Apple Design Awards 2008 for a reason. Come on. Be proud of it and give it back to us - I know that you are cool enough to admit a misstep.

I for one like the new icons (both for the app itself and within the app) much better than the old ones.